Monday, January 31, 2011

Step 2: Learn Martial Arts

I have been doing Kung Fu for the last two years now. I'm up to green belt, which is about half way to black. I havent done it lately because I was too busy with work and then I went to school so I didn't have any money. Now I have lots of time but still no money. Thats what libraries are for. They provide very low cost highly time consuming activities. Step 2: Learn Martial Arts. So I've been getting all sorts of martial art videos from the library and learning their techniques. Now they might not be Kung Fu specific, so they wont help me get belts, but if I get stuck in the clinch with some muay thai guy I can judo toss them on their heads a little better than before. Thats pretty useful, right? I also dropped 30 bucks for supplies and built a muk yan jong (wood man post). Its a dummy with arms and a leg. It WILL help me gain belts. Usually we are confined to practicing six or so sessions per belt on a dummy. Now I pound that thing every day. I also picked up a punching bag on kijiji for next to nothing. A little bit of vaseline on the vinyl and it looks like new. As soon as I get a hook for the ceiling we'll be in business. I'll never have to leave my man cave again.

No comments:

Post a Comment