Friday, February 4, 2011

Step 4: Argue with the phone company

This step could kill weeks and only lead to dementia. Telus was terrible about getting anything done. When we moved they booked 3 appointments and none of them ended in a guy even showing up. When I cancelled with them and signed up with Shaw it took 44 days to switch my phone over. I paid for zero of them thanks to my relentlessness on the phone. Since I have been with Shaw I have never recieved a correct bill (and this is since November). Most recently they called me offering free cable for 6 months. They called two weeks later offering a free upgrade to digital cable for a year. I got the bill and it was more than double what I used to pay. An hour on the phone and we had no cable anymore, the charges were reversed, and the cable guy was coming again. This time I am disconnecting the splitters before he can steal them. At least Shaw hires people who speak english, but still they're from Winnipeg and have no idea what the local promotions are. This is all ignoring phone company math, which can be heard here. If you haven't seen this video yet you have not lived.
I had unbelievable problems with my cell phone when I switched from pre-paid to post paid and apparently my phone bill teleported into another galaxy. Suddenly my prepaid money was gone, never to return, and they wanted to charge me sign-up fees and phone line porting fees. I'm using the same phone, with the same company. If it takes decades of paperwork its not my problem. Sort it out and dont bother me. Otherwise I'll find someone who can. We dont have to ask CBC to find out we're getting ripped off, though we can if we like.
There has to be some kind of restraint. Someone has to protect people from these criminals. If not they will soon find us sitting in our homes clutching our money to our chests for fear these highwaymen with pry it from our white-knuckled hands.
So if steps 1 to 3 didn't work, step 4 will keep you from ever being employed again. After all, I have a full time job, because I have a phone line.

No comments:

Post a Comment